VentFree is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My gas log lighter is my best companion in the cold winter. I love it!
If you have a fireplace or love outdoor adventures like camping, a log lighter is a must-have item at all times.
Put some logs on top of the holder over the fireplace log lighter, then light them using a match. When the logs catch on fire, shut off the gas supply by turning the valve key. Then enjoy the crackling fire.
- How to install a log lighter
- The Five Best Log Lighters
- 1. The Midwest Hearth Universal Gas Log Lighter Starter
- 2 . The Dante Products Universal Log Lighter Combo Kit
- Video overview
- 3. The Dante Products Universal Log Lighter Combo Kit
- 4. The Stanbroil Universal Gas Log Lighter Starter
- 5. The Midwest Hearth Universal Log Lighter Kit
- Buying Guide
- Easy to use
- Self-igniter log lighter
- Q: How do log lighters work?
- Q: Why should I buy log lighters?
- Q: Log lighter vs matches log lighters
- Q: Log lighter vs flint, which is the best?
- In Summary
How to install a log lighter
The Five Best Log Lighters
1. The Midwest Hearth Universal Gas Log Lighter Starter
This log lighter is one of the best because it features a heavy-duty design. It is made of steel, making it a reliable log fire starter for indoors and outdoors. This log lighter has an adjustable regulator that ensures you can control the gas pressure to suit your needs.
It uses natural gas or propane to start a fire. This log lighter is easy to use because it has a single button marked with an arrow, which lets you easily get your log fires started.
- This log lighter has an adjustable regulator making it easy to control the gas pressure for optimum output
- The log lighter comes with a heavy-duty steel design for durability
- Works with natural gas that is quite clean
- It is easy to operate
- This log lighter is not compatible with all log fireplaces
2 . The Dante Products Universal Log Lighter Combo Kit
The last log lighter on our review is this from Dante. It has a gas control knob so you can adjust the flame as you desire. It has a durable construction to make sure it lasts you long, and you can use it outdoors as well. The single-button control makes it easy to operate the device, and the ergonomic non-slip handle offers a firm grip.
- It has a gas control knob which you can use to adjust the flame as you desire
- This device is very reliable because of its durable construction
- It provides long-lasting flame
- The gas control knob is recommended as safe to use
- It can only be used with natural gas
3. The Dante Products Universal Log Lighter Combo Kit
The Dante NG.BVS.CR Universal Log Lighter Combo Kit is made to work with most gas appliances in homes, including fireplaces, grills, stovetops, fire pits, or any device that uses natural gas or propane.
It comes with every tool necessary for installation into any standard fitting and is made of stainless steel with quality brass components. Installation is easy with the included instructions.
This is a versatile kit; it can be used at home, in a residential setting, and even in commercial and industrial environments. It’s easy to install and includes everything needed for the job, including a tool pouch and one extra O-ring. The included gas line tubing works with 3/8″ OD copper or steel tubing, which is excellent for most natural gas applications.
It is very sturdy and durable; it will hold up to the elements and provide years of reliable service. A 1-year limited warranty covers this product to protect against defects in materials or quality.
- Versatile and can be used with most natural gas appliances in homes
- Easy to install and includes all necessary tools required
- Made of quality stainless steel with brass components plated in nickel for durability and strength
- Includes a 1-year limited warranty
- Some customers have said they’ve had problems with the regulator and had to purchase a new one.
4. The Stanbroil Universal Gas Log Lighter Starter
This Stanbroil Universal Gas Log Lighter comes with everything needed, including instructions and tools. It’s easy to use and produces instant flames with the push of a button. It comes with a mixer for adjusting the air intake and a temperature regulator. It can be installed in any situation where it may get wet or used outdoors.
The Stanbroil Universal Gas Log Lighter Starter is very easy to install and will work with all vent-free gas appliances, including fireplaces, stoves, grills, furnaces, and more. It produces instant flames and can be installed in any situation where it may get wet. The ignition is excellent for lighting the logs, gas fire pit tables, or any other appliance that uses natural gas. It features a mixer to adjust air intake and a temperature regulator.
This starter comes with everything needed for installation, including instructions and the tool required. It is pretty sturdy and durable to stay strong through heavy use. The log lighter can be used outdoors and indoors to start gas fireplaces, stoves, grills, furnaces, or any other device that uses natural gas.
- Produces instant flames with the push of a button for easy lighting
- Works with all vent-free gas appliances, including fireplaces, stoves, grills, and furnaces
- Installs easily and includes everything needed for the job
- Comes with a mixer to adjust air intake and features a temperature regulator
- Some customers have said they had problems with the solenoids; they would work for a while and then stop.
5. The Midwest Hearth Universal Log Lighter Kit
The Midwest Hearth Universal Log Lighter Kit includes a burner pipe, straight ball valve, chrome key, and floorplate for easy installation on various appliances. It comes with a protective finish for weatherproofing and can be used indoors or outdoors with its heavy-duty cast iron construction.
It comes with a shut-off valve and pressure regulator as well. It is very sturdy and durable, which makes it great for heavy use. The shut-off valve and pressure regulator helps to keep the user safe while using this product.
- Heavy-duty cast iron for strength and durability
- Comes with a protective weatherproof finish
- Features a shut-off valve and pressure regulator for safety
- Easy installation with the included burner pipe, straight ball valve, chrome key, and floorplate
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- The assembly process may take a long to join all the parts
These are some of the most innovative fireplace accessories to simplify its use.
Easy to use
The log lighter should be light in weight and easy to use. It also should feature a single button for ignition. This makes it convenient when lighting fires in the dark or in poor weather conditions. A log lighter that is handheld with an ergonomic design is great for fire-starting, especially in windy conditions. Ensure that your log lighter has an anti-slip and non-stick handle that is easy to grip.
Self-igniter log lighter
It should also feature a self-igniting log lighter that makes fires easy to start even in dark or windy conditions. Besides, this type of log lighter does not require matches for lighting it up.
A log lighter that comes with a waterproof design is ideal. It will not malfunction when it is raining or in humid conditions. The log lighter should be corrosion resistant and work well in moist environments. This makes it last longer and efficient at all times.
A log lighter that uses LED color for lighting also is best to have. This log lighter is efficient as it will not cause any sparks. It lights up within seconds, does not emit any harmful gases and has a long life.
There are log lighters of different sizes depending on their purpose. Depending on the number of logs to light up, they can be small or big enough to hold in your hand. For safety and convenience, always choose a long log lighter.
The log lighter should come at a fair price to fit in most people’s budgets. It also should be affordable and have high-quality features for ease of use. Expensive log lighters may work the same as cheap ones, but you will go for log lighters with better quality.
The log lighter should be made of materials that will not wear off quickly. Check the log lighter for a ceramic igniter, wire mesh screen, long handle, and drip pan underneath. These features help to make it easy to use the devices. This ensures that you get value for your money spent on log lighters.
Q: How do log lighters work?
Log lighters are handheld devices that generate little flames. They are mostly used to start fires by burning paper, wax, wood and other flammable materials. The log lighter is filled with various combustible materials, which burn up, producing heat for lighting fires.
They generate sparks by running an electrical current via the wire mesh screen to produce ionized air. This ionized air then makes contact with the flint that produces small flames.
Q: Why should I buy log lighters?
Log fire starters are important because they allow for easy log fire lighting. They are efficient and will not make your work difficult as compared to using matches. Log lighters can be used in different weather conditions and do not cause any environmental hazard because they emit no harmful smoke or gas.
Q: Log lighter vs matches log lighters
Log lighters are handy devices that help you to start fires easily. Log fire starters use electricity in place of burning materials for the generation of ionized air. The ionized air makes contact with the flint at the bottom of the log fire starter, which creates small sparks and lights log fires. They do not require any special skills to get your log fires lit up. The log lighter burns log lighters at a particular temperature that does not cause too much harm to the environment.
Q: Log lighter vs flint, which is the best?
Log lighters are the best because they allow you to start fires in all weather conditions easily. Log fire starters also do not emit toxic fumes, which make them safe to use indoors. They come with a variety of features that make them easy and efficient to use. Log fire-starters do not require any special knowledge for you to get your log fires lit up, unlike the flint. These devices also fit all weather conditions as they work in windy and rainy conditions thanks to quality construction.
A log lighter is a device that is useful for log fires and campfires. Most log lighters resemble a lighter or torch, and they can be programmed to generate little flames.
This log lighter makes good use of paper and wood by creating a crackling log fire with the heat from its flame. Are you looking for a quality, convenient and easy to use log lighter?
We hope we helped you choose the best option amidst many brands and models of the same product. When choosing a product, always consider your needs and preferences. Make sure that the log lighter you choose serves the purpose and is the best choice for you, depending on the gas it uses.
So, if you need an outdoor log lighter that you can tag when going camping, a gas-powered model would be the best choice. Electrical powered log lighters are the best for indoor and home use since they do not emit any gas or smoke a great deal when used indoors.