VentFree is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
- Empire Comfort Sytems makes gas fireplaces, wood burning fireplaces, heaters and grills
- They’re a family owned business since 1932 that’s made in the U.S.A. (yes!)
- The gas product lineup includes: American Hearth, White Mountain Hearth, and Plaza
- Check out the full brand family here
- Check out this gorgeous Empire gas fireplace:
- What are Empire fireplaces?
- How to use Empire fireplaces
- Benefits of using Empire fireplaces
- 1. Convenient
- 2. Safe
- 3. Fashionable
- 4. Natural and Eco-friendly
- 5. Economical
- 1. Hard to clean
- 2. Limited space and possible fire risk
- 3. Low temperature
- The future of empire fireplaces
- Who owns Empire Comfort Systems?
- What are Empire Comfort Systems’ most popular products?
- What are some of the unique features of Empire Comfort Systems’ products?
- Are Empire gas logs good?
- How do you light a fireplace in Empire?
- Where are Empire Gas logs made?
What are Empire fireplaces?
Empire fireplaces are oversized, traditional wood-burning fireplaces that create a restored and nostalgic atmosphere. They come in a variety of styles and have an impressive depth to them.
They are perfect for both commercial and residential spaces because they are not too expensive, durable, or complicated to install. An empire fireplace is a perfect solution for the person who does not have room for a traditional chimney or cannot build one because they reside in an apartment or condo.
How to use Empire fireplaces
1. The fireplace can be used as a room divider. Placing the fireplace in the center of the rooms, makes the space seem larger. It also gives some warmth to the room since it is a heat source. Placing it on one side of the room makes a person notice that side more than he or she would have before.
2. Another way to use empire fireplaces is as a focal point in your living area. By placing it on one side of the room, you can make the focal point to be in front of the fireplace.
3. In some spaces, two fireplaces can be used to serve two different purposes. A large one can be used as a wood-burning fireplace and the other as a decorative one. This is mostly found in country homes.
4. It is not recommended to use a fireplace in a basement because of the high risk of fire in the area. It is better to have one or two fireplaces above the ground.
Benefits of using Empire fireplaces
Empire fireplaces are very easy to use. All you need to start a fire within is a match. You do not have to gather firewood or wait for it to dry before starting your fire. You can start a fire within minutes.
Empire fireplaces have various types of fireproof materials for the interior and exterior, which helps the burning process be safe and secure. You can use it on curtains and carpets, so you do not have to pay attention that your children might be hurt when they play near it.
Empire fireplaces are very stylish and elegant. Even with natural wood logs, it can bring a sense of timeless elegance with its ashtray-like design, which provides an easy solution for spillage and messes. They come in black, brown and white too, so everyone can choose a style they like.
4. Natural and Eco-friendly
Empire fireplaces are made of steel and recycled materials. Because of this, there is no pollution and no harm to the environment when using it. The iron used in its structure also helps to improve air quality.
Empire fireplaces are very economical. The price of the whole unit is much cheaper than the price of a fireplace. Because of this, it is more affordable to people who cannot afford to buy a fireplace. Although it only costs a little money to make, you will have many years’ worth of enjoyment from your empire fireplace.
You can get many years’ worth of enjoyment from a single empire fireplace because it lasts for so long with few problems or repair jobs. They are built to last with the very best materials.
1. Hard to clean
Empire fireplaces are hard to clean up since there is no chimney. For example, when you set the ashtray on the table, it will accumulate a lot of ash. You have to clean up all the ashes when you want to use your empire fireplace again. So you must have a fast and effective way of cleaning up.
2. Limited space and possible fire risk
Empire fireplaces may not be suitable for small rooms or places with limited space since they require another wall on which to place the ashtray.
3. Low temperature
The temperature in an empire fireplace is low as in other conventional fireplaces. A conventional fireplace can reach 400c while the temperature of an empire fireplace reaches 60c
The future of empire fireplaces
The future of empire fireplaces will be stable in terms of popularity and demand. Innovations in technology and the development of empire fireplaces will continue to prosper in the future. The empire fireplace will not change much in terms of its appearance, but it is expected that there will be more changes in the interior to make it more modern and eco-friendly. Some improvements include different types of glass that can be placed on the doors or windows of a fireplace and a smoke outlet to help with combustion within the fireplace itself.
Who owns Empire Comfort Systems?
Empire Comfort Systems is a family-owned company that has been in business since 1932. The company is based in Belleville, Illinois, and manufactures gas and wood fireplaces, inserts, log sets, and other hearth products.
Empire Comfort Systems’ products are available through a network of more than 4,000 dealers across the United States and Canada.
What are Empire Comfort Systems’ most popular products?
Some of Empire Comfort Systems’ most popular products include the Empire Loft Series gas fireplaces, the Empire Builder Series wood fireplaces, and the Empire Innsbrook Vent-Free gas insert.
What are some of the unique features of Empire Comfort Systems’ products?
Empire Comfort Systems’ products are known for their quality craftsmanship, innovative design, and energy efficiency. For example, the Empire Loft Series gas fireplaces feature a patented IntelliFire ignition system that allows the fireplaces to be started and stopped with the push of a button. The Empire Builder Series wood fireplaces are available
Are Empire gas logs good?
Empire Comfort Systems’ gas logs are some of the most realistic on the market and are known for their quality craftsmanship.
How do you light a fireplace in Empire?
To light a fireplace in Empire, use the IntelliFire ignition system. This feature allows you to start and stop the fire with the push of a button.
Where are Empire Gas logs made?
Empire Comfort Systems’ gas logs are made in the United States.