A pellet stove is a need for any household with a fireplace. A handy alternative to chopping logs by hand, it’s worth considering purchasing one.
In today’s market, you can find a wide variety of alternatives. But you can’t tell which ones are good until you give them a try. Keep reading to learn more about the top pellet stove inserts and which one would be best for your home.
Here are the five greatest pellet stove inserts currently available from some of the most reputable manufacturers.
5 Best pellet stove inserts
You need to weigh the pros and cons of a pellet stove insert before you buy one. Based on everything you’ve learned, you can decide whether or not you need and want one in your own house. A wide variety of pellet stove inserts are available nowadays.
Having a foundational understanding of what to look for when shopping for one is crucial. Before you go out and buy a pellet stove insert, think about these things.
- Determine Whether a Pellet Stove Insert Can Be Used
- Dimensions of the Room
1. Englander pellet stove insert
There are a number of reasons why this Englander pellet stove inserts cut. Firstly, it is suitable for zero-clearance and pre-fabricated fireplaces. It can warm a room that’s up to 2,000 sq. ft. Includes a 140 ft3/min blower and a 3 vent.
About 45 pounds of pellets can be stored in this insert. Furthermore, it is economical, using no more than 1.5 grams of pellets every hour. It has a consistent burn rate, making it one of the cleanest EPA-approved stove inserts.
- It can effectively warm huge spaces
- Adaptable to the layout of most standard fireplaces
- It has an external air kit
- Backing and window casings are included
- Increased upkeep schedules could be necessary.
- There isn’t as much pellet storage space in the hopper as there is in competing pellet inserts.
- Plate edging hardware is sold separately
- Thermostat not included
2. ComfortBilt HP22i Pellet Stove
When it comes to pellet stoves, the HP22i has a reputation for being both powerful and environmentally friendly. It can be manually or automatically adjusted between one of five different heat settings.
Its convection blower has a high cubic foot per meter coverage, so you can rest assured that all of the heat will reach your house. In addition, the HP22i’s excellent efficiency means you’ll receive the most warmth out of each bag of pellets you purchase.
- It has Powerful Exhaust
- Extremely powerful air movement
- Coverage for One Year
- It features EPA Certified
- More costly than alternative fireplace pellet stoves
- Not efficient for tiny spaces
3. Napoleon NPI45 Eco Pellet Insert stove
This is one of the greatest pellet stove insert brands in the industry. The Napoleon NPI45 has numerous features to offer. It features a built-in auto auger and igniter, so you can get a fire going quickly.
Although it can only hold 45 pounds in its hopper, it has a 45-hour run time. Because of this, you can have constant warmth for nearly two days before having to refill.
It also features a warning light to alert you if the hopper has run out of pellets. Every 60 minutes, at startup and shutdown, and periodically in between, the burn pot will automatically purge itself.
The ash pan will be left with residue. It’s simple to access and use the interface. An additional function of the NPI45 regulates the amount of pellet fuel fed into the burner at the same time as the combustion air.
This varies with the vent variation and pellet quality. However, the surrounds and doors are sold individually.
- Operates in a non-noisy fashion
- Needs little in the way of upkeep
- Quick and simple setup
- Continual upkeep is required
- No thermostat is provided
- Doors and frame surrounds are offered separately
4. US Stove Multi-Fuel Fireplace Insert
This insert for a fireplace is ideal for those who like to use biomass pellets as heating sources. This stove insert is compatible with a wide variety of pellet fuels, including commercially available pellets as well as homemade pellets created from corn, cherry pits, and other ingredients.
The 60-pound capacity of the hopper is very impressive. The pellet fuel you use can affect how long it takes to burn. You can keep tabs on your stove insert with the help of the digital control panel and LED screen.
There are built-in diagnostic tools for running tests and getting them up and running. Clinker accumulation is a possible side effect of burning biomass pellet fuels. This is why the burn pot on this pellet stove addition features an agitator to keep everything moving around and prevent accumulation.
The one drawback is that it may get quite loud. The burn pot’s agitator can shriek. The hopper’s cover is also somewhat small, making it difficult to restock.
- Biomass pellet fuels have a low environmental impact.
- Having a large hopper capacity means less frequent restocking.
- The user-friendly LED display and digital controls.
- May produce an unacceptable level of noise
- Narrow inlet to the hopper
- Complicated in construction and upkeep.
5. Breckwell’s P2000I pellet stove insert
Breckwell’s P2000I pellet stove insert can provide warmth to a space up to 2,000 square feet in size. It can hold roughly 60 lb. of pellet fuel in its hopper. This implies it will last longer between refills than similar products.
The five different heat settings are digitally controlled. By doing so, you may regulate the temperature as needed, regardless of the time of year or the climate.
The P2000I, which consumes roughly 2 grams of pellets each hour and is EPA-approved, is another great option. Although its particle emission is modest, it is not as low as Englander’s. It has an automatic ignition and a thermostat that may be adjusted.
- Simple to clean
- Rapidly loses heat after being turned off
- Potentially heats an area of up to 3,050 square feet
- Automatically regulates fan speed to maintain a constant temperature.
- The dumpster door may be too small.
- Inconsistent heating may result from pellet feed.
- It does not have thermostat
The greatest pellet stove insert is essential, especially as the seasons change and snow blankets the landscape. Consequently, the size of the available space is the deciding element. The HP22i deserves your attention if your space allows it. Less time is spent gathering wood, and more BTUs are gained.